This was a very important week for the blog: we reached the amazing figure of 99.000 visits. I’m writing this post on friday because this weekend I’m out of town (I’m in Algeciras, you can see a view of Gibraltar in the picture above) and I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to write the post on sunday. Indeed, the blog stats shows 99.462 visits right now, so I guess we will be closer to the 100.000 hits by the time you’re reading this post. I can only say “Thank you” because if I’m continue with this blog is through your visits and support.
Let me start with the summary:
- Centro de Recursos IEC: This is the introduction of a Resources Center for the Immigrants in Spain. They can find information about health: information and education issues. This project is a “Escuela Andaluza de Salud Pública” initiative. The information of this site is provided in 9 different languages.
- Nuevo diseño de MedLine Plus en español: The NLM announced that MedLine Plus has a new look and invite us to visit the redesigned site and let them know what we think by using the form provided.
- PortalSalud del Hospital de Torrevieja: The hospital where I work at has a new site for patients: PortalSalud. They can use it to manage their appointments. This is a 2.0 initiative to approach patients and facilitate the use of hospital services.
- An Iconography of Contagion: If you want to know how was the health promotion in the past century you have to visit this virtual exhibition called “An Iconography of Contagion: an exhibition of 20th-century Health Posters from the collection of the National Library of Medicine”.
- Biblioburro: Luis Soriano is a colombian teacher who wants to bring books to children living in remote areas. He uses donkeys to cross the countryside and reach the small places where the children live.
See you next week!!