I would like to start this post with my first time lapse video. I made it last weekend. I went to the shore when it was about to dawn and I took some pictures. This is the result:
And now we can talk about the blog in the last 2 weeks:
- Simulador de Electrocardiogramas (ECG Simulator): we talked about this useful resource for students. They can study various arrhythmias and then they may try to guess how many arrhythmias recognized in less than a minute.
- Anatomía… diferente (Different… anatomy): this was the most popular post ever in this blog (more than 800 visits that day!!). Jason Freeny is the artist, the author, of the artworks and illustrations presented in this post. You can see the «anatomy» of Hello Kitty, Mr. Potato or a Gummy Bear.
- SIDA: quiérete, hazte la prueba, utiliza preservativo (AIDS: love yourself, get tested, use condoms): last 1st Dec. was the International Day against this disease. I wanted to offer some links to useful resources and information about the HIV. The title of the post is the campaign of the spanish goverment for this day.
- Bioestadística (Biostatistics): usually people don’t like the biostatistics. You can find information, examples and tutorials to learn and practice this subject (most of them in spanish)
- UpToDate versión 18.3 ya disponible (UpToDate version 18.3 now available): post to communicate that is already available the new version (18.3) of UpToDate.
- Cambios en Medline. Resumen (Changes in Medline. Summary): each year the NLM Technical Bulletin traditionally includes information about changes made to MEDLINE during annual National Library of Medicine. This is a summary of this article.
- Difusión Selectiva de la Información (Selective Dissemination of Information): I talk about this service in the library and how it can be used to build loyalty among users.
- Actualizando la página de sumarios (Updating the summary page): I did a netvibes page with the summary of more than 300 journals, so users can go to that page and browse the last summary or table of contents of the journals of their interest. I’m updating this page, adding more titles.